The railway must be safe – both for those who use it and for those who work on it.
Rail safety is handled through pro-active risk management, an efficient rail safety management system and a skilled rail safety organisation.
The basis for the maintenance and improvement of rail safety is that:
- We work pro-actively with risk management and ensure follow-up, ongoing development and implementation of the company’s risk profile;
- We identify and comply with current regulations and legislation;
- The rail safety management system is comprehensive, maintained and implemented; .
- We retain a skilled rail safety organisation;
- We regularly follow up on compliance with rail safety-related requirements;
- Rail safety-related incidents are reported and handled through the requisite remedial and corrective actions.