Sund & Bælt’s objective is that the company’s road sections should be open round-the-clock, 365 days a year and that traffic should flow smoothly and safely with a high service level for road users.
Traffic accidents should be prevented through pro-active efforts so that it is at least as safe to drive on the company’s motorway sections as on other motorways in Denmark.
This will be achieved through ensuring that:
- Weather and traffic conditions are constantly monitored and important information reaches road users in time, including by means of a well-functioning bridge messaging system;
- The design and maintenance of the transport facility, its maintenance and the company’s road operations and winter services effectively contribute to the prevention of accidents;
- All traffic accidents are analysed to detect any need for improvement in S&B’s administration and facilities;
- Sund & Bælt actively makes a difference to road users’ behaviour;
- Sund & Bælt gathers information about its customers’ views on road safety.
Moreover, as a leading transport company, S&B’s view is that employees and partners take the lead in road safety and demonstrate proper, safe and considerate behaviour in traffic when moving around in vehicles with Sund & Bælt – or Storebælt’s – logos or going about their duties on Sund & Bælt’s transport facility.