- winds have to reach 25 m/s before the bridge is closed?
- the bridge has been closed for 22 hours due to overturned wind-vulnerable vehicles?
- wind-vulnerable vehicles are often caravans, high-sided trailers, lorries with or without light loads and articulated HGVs?
- when the wind strength reaches 10 m/s, drivers of wind-vulnerable vehicles must take particular care when crossing the bridge?
- strong gusts of wind can occur at the pylons and anchor blocks?
What is a wind-vulnerable vehicle?
Wind-vulnerable vehicles are particularly exposed on the Storebælt Bridge. Does your vehicle fall into that category? These are the vehicles that are affected when we advise against driving across the bridge in strong winds.